Previous article < Map Turvo to your QBO chart of accounts
Now that you have completed the QBO integration process, use the steps below to test that your integration was successful.
Step 1 (Forward sync):
In Turvo, create a shipment with costs added for a specific customer and carrier. Then, create customer and carrier invoices (the invoices need to be in approved status). If a successful sync occurs, the QBO icon will appear on the invoice row.
Login to QBO and locate the transaction that you created in Turvo. The invoice number in Turvo and the QBO column labeled as ID in sales transactions should match.
Step 2 (Reverse sync):
In QBO, record payments for the customer and carrier invoices you created in Step 1.
Verify in Turvo that it is marked as paid and navigate to the customer/carrier block and expand the payments row to see that the transaction synced from QBO for the payment record.
Step 3 (Reverse sync):
Order of Operations for proper cancellation to transfer from Turvo to QBO:
- Delete the payments in QBO.
- Confirm that the payment records are deleted in the customer/carrier blocks in Turvo.
- Archive the invoices in Turvo (leave the status as approved). Confirm that the record is removed from QBO.
- Move the shipment status to Canceled.
The connection testing is now complete.
Other QBO considerations
- EFS/Comcheck will sync to QuickBooks as checks.
- QBO doesn’t allow zero (0) amount transactions. There should be at least one cost line item defined for both customer and carrier.
- QBO is the source for an Aging Report, Turvo provides an AP/AR report.
- Carrier information that syncs from Turvo to QBO as the Vendor is pulled from the Pay to fields is available in the Details tab of the carrier’s profile.
To locate and fill in the Pay to information, navigate carrier’s Turvo profile > Details tab > Payments section > Pay to.
Note: If the Pay to fields are not enabled for your tenant, reach out to your Turvo representative. The ability to sync factoring information to your QBO must also be enabled for your integration. Reach out to your Turvo representative for more details.
- When paying a carrier who uses a factoring company via paper check, those users pulling factoring company information from Turvo via the Pay to field will be able to have the name of the Vendor in QBO be the carrier, but the pay to on the check will be the factoring company.
Transactions that fail to sync to the FMS will appear in the Accounting Sync Analytics report.
See the Using the Accounting Sync Analytics report to resolve FMS sync errors article to learn more about the error codes in the report.
If your QBO connection is not working correctly after testing, see Turvo's QuickBooks Online (QBO) integration: Troubleshooting your integration for additional guidance.
Turvo's QuickBooks Online Integration Articles
There are several steps to integrating QuickBooks Online to your Turvo tenant. The following article links are listed in order to help you navigate through QBO integration process:
- QuickBooks Online integration overview
- Create the App in your Intuit Developer Dashboard
- Complete the QBO App assessment questionnaire
- Complete the Production Settings in your Intuit Developer Dashboard
- Obtain your Credentials
- Connect your Turvo tenant to QuickBooks Online (QBO) via Integration hub
- Map Turvo to your QuickBooks Online (QBO) chart of accounts
- Test your QuickBooks Online (QBO) integration
- Turvo's QuickBooks Online (QBO) integration: Troubleshooting your integration