Previous article < RMIS setup prerequisites
Next article > Test the RMIS integration
If you are configuring a new RMIS integration, we recommend enabling and testing the integration in your sandbox environment first.
Once the integration proves successful in your sandbox environment, reach out to Turvo Support via a support ticket to request the integration be disabled from your sandbox environment. Once it’s been disabled, you can proceed with configuring and testing the integration in your production environment.
- If the RMIS integration is enabled for your sandbox environment, you must disable it in your sandbox before enabling it for your production tenant. If the integration is enabled for both using the same credentials, you will encounter syncing errors.
- If you’re enabling RMIS but are planning to migrate 1 year of historic shipment you’ll need to first ingest carriers via TDI. If doing so, please ensure your carrier TDI file has the DOT number as the Turvo ID. For more information on ingesting carriers via TDI, see our Importing data with TDI article in the Help Center.
Steps to configure RMIS in Integration Hub
Complete the below steps in order:
1. Click your profile icon in the top right corner and select Admin console from the drop-down.
2. Click on the Integration Hub tile.
3. Click the RMIS card.
4. On the Integrate tab, enter the following credentials obtained from RMIS in the Credentials block:
- FTP username
- FTP password
- FTP server (this is your FTP/SFTP URL)
Important Note: FTP and sFTP are currently supported by Turvo. Select which one you would like to use.
5. Click NEXT to establish the connection; this may take a few minutes.
Select the data that Turvo ingests
In the steps below, for each segment, you have the option to choose how data from RMIS is ingested to Turvo.
In each segment, there are options for how Turvo will handle the data from RMIS. The options are as follows:
- Create: Creates a field in Turvo from RMIS once
- Update: Updates the field continuously in Turvo from RMIS syncs
- Reset: Resets all the fields for that section before the next sync
- Note: A warning is displayed when you select this option
Segments to configure are shown below:
- Pay to
- Payment terms and mapping
Add the exact payment text that you received from RMIS in the RMIS payment term field.
Note: You have the option to select Default for Carrier for one of the options in this segment.
- Carrier Profile
- Once all enablement configurations are completed and saved, click COMPLETE SETUP at the bottom right of the screen to finish establishing the RMIS connection.
Important Note: If you do not click this button, the integration is not complete.
Note: If you don’t see anything under the Payment and terms mapping block, then the methods/terms are not appropriately configured in Turvo. Reach out to Turvo Support to configure your payment terms to continue.
In Integration hub, click the RMIS tile and the click the Timeline tab to see what configurations have been changed historically.
Next steps to configure RMIS
Continue to the next step in the RMIS integration process by reviewing the Test the RMIS integration article in the Turvo Help Center or by selecting another RMIS integration article below.
RMIS integration articles
Below is the list of articles detailing RMIS integration with Turvo:
- RMIS integration overview: This article provides a general overview of Turvo’s integration with RMIS.
- RMIS setup prerequisites: This article details the setup required in your tenant before RMIS integration can take place.
- Configure RMIS in Integration Hub: This article details the process of configuring RMIS integration with your Turvo tenant.
- Test the RMIS integration: This article details the testing process to confirm data is properly syncing between RMIS and your Turvo tenant.
- Carrier fields ingested into Turvo from RMIS: This article details the carrier fields ingested into Turvo via RMIS.