Previous article < RMIS integration overview
Next article > Configure RMIS in Integration Hub
Setup to complete in your Turvo tenant
Before enabling the RMIS integration for your Turvo tenant, Admin users must configure desired payment settings, including methods and advances, for your carriers within the Admin console. See our How to adjust payment terms, methods, and advances in Admin console article for step-by-step instructions.
Note: If specific Advance methods (such as EFS and/or COMCHECK) should be enabled by default for carriers syncing over from RMIS, please make sure to let your Turvo representative know.
Important note: DO NOT check the box to default any payment methods and/or terms.
Important Note: If you’re enabling RMIS and are planning to migrate one year of historic shipment data you’ll need to first ingest carriers via TDI. If doing so, please ensure your carrier TDI file has the DOT number as the Turvo ID. For more information on ingesting carriers via TDI, see our Importing data with TDI article in the Help Center.
Setup to request from Turvo Support
The Turvo team must configure payment terms. Submit a request to Turvo Support to enable, update, or change your tenant’s payment terms so that they mirror the exact options available for carriers within RMIS. This will include payment terms, fees associated, and the method(s) for each term.
Setup to request from RMIS
Contact RMIS and work with a representative to create an account. Request the below information from RMIS (feel free to copy and paste the below to RMIS):
- Obtain your API credentials, FTP username, FTP password, and FTP/SFTP URL. This is needed to establish the connection in Turvo.
- If you need Refrigeration Breakdown Coverage mapped for Cargo insurance, request RMIS to add the ReeferBreakdown Flag.
- Note: RMIS Lite does not support the ReeferBreakdown flag.
- Add or enable AccountsPayable Contact and/or Billing Contact type.
- Note: When mapping the billing information in Turvo, AccountsPayable Contact will take precedence over Billing Contact. If you have both, the AccountsPayable contact will appear as the carrier billing contact in Turvo.
- Ensure the “Force Delta” button is available on your RMIS profile.
- Exact payment text. This will typically appear in “Payment method - Terms - Fees” format, for example: “Standard Check - 30 Days - No Fee.” Ask RMIS to send the exact text. This is extremely important for a successful setup.
Important Note: When first registering, we do not recommend that you accept the RMIS offer to mass load your carriers through their "grandfathered" process. Instead, we recommend sending your RMIS registration link to your existing carriers and for any new carriers moving forward.
RMIS Configuration Options
RMIS allows clients to decide if they would like to require or not require a carrier to provide information when filling in their RMIS carrier packets. When integrating with Turvo we recommend the following:
- If a carrier is not factored, require carriers to provide preferred payment method and terms based on your organization's selections.
Note: This is the default setup, but not a requirement.
- If a carrier is factored, require the carrier to s enter Factor Company name and remit address.
Note: This is required across all clients.
- Restrict carriers from updating payment method, terms, factor, and remit information after first submission.
Note: Brokers are unable to edit this information in RMIS after first submission. Please review this with your Turvo representative prior to enablement as it can impact other integrations.
Next steps to configure RMIS
Continue to the next step in the RMIS integration process by reviewing the Configure RMIS in Integration Hub article in the Turvo Help Center, or by selecting another RMIS integration article below.
RMIS integration articles
Below is the list of articles detailing RMIS integration with Turvo:
- RMIS integration overview: This article provides a general overview of Turvo’s integration with RMIS.
- RMIS setup prerequisites: This article details the setup required in your tenant before RMIS integration can take place.
- Configure RMIS in Integration Hub: This article details the process to configure RMIS integration with your Turvo tenant.
- Test the RMIS integration: This article details the process of testing to confirm data is properly syncing between RMIS and your Turvo tenant.
- Carrier fields ingested into Turvo from RMIS: This article details the carrier fields ingested into Turvo via RMIS.