Turvo’s project44 (P44) integration is available for telematics integration for your truckload (TL) assets. These TL assets can be assigned to carriers fulfilling your TL shipments to sync tracking information from your P44 account to your Turvo shipments.
For more detailed information on our suite of P44 integrations, see:
- Turvo's P44 LTL integration
- Turvo's P44 Broker TL Visibility Provider integration
- Turvo's P44 Carrier Push integration
Before an asset in Turvo can be connected to your P44 account, a corresponding asset must be associated with the carrier on your P44 VOC dashboard.
P44 account setup with Turvo
In order to utilize P44’s telematics in Turvo, you will need to submit a support request for the integration. In the form, set the Request Type field to a Configuration Request and provide the username and password used to log in to your organization’s P44 Visibility Operations Center (VOC) dashboard in the Description field. Turvo Support will use the credentials to ensure your Turvo tenant can access your P44 account.
Once your integration has been configured and enabled by your Turvo representative, you will need to ensure that your assets are configured in your P44 VOC Dashboard.
Connecting P44 to an asset
- Navigate to the Assets > TL page using the left navigation bar.
- Once in Assets > TL, open the asset details modal by editing an existing asset or clicking + Add asset to create a new one.
- In the Add asset or Edit asset modal, enter the asset information and then click + Tracking provider.
- Select P44 as the Sensor provider. The Asset identifier type drop-down will appear and the Sensor ID field will change to the Asset identifier value.
- Use the Asset identifier type drop-down to select the appropriate asset identifier to link with the asset. Select from:
- Mobile: The driver’s mobile phone number.
- Vehicle ID: The Vehicle ID number linked to the asset.
- License Plate #: The license plate number for the asset.
- Sensitech Device ID: The Sensitech device ID number linked to the asset.
- Emerson device ID: The Emerson device ID number linked to the asset.
- Tive device ID: The Tive device ID number linked to the asset.
- In the Asset identifier value field, input the appropriate ID for the selected asset identifier type. This needs to match the corresponding ID in your P44 account for that asset.
- Click SAVE to create or update the asset.
Assigning a P44-connected asset to a shipment
Once an asset is associated with P44 for tracking, assigning the asset to a TL shipment will enable Turvo to receive tracking updates from P44 once the asset has left the pickup location’s geofence.
Once an asset connected to P44 is assigned, refresh the page.
Tracking provider segment’s header will display Project44 to the right of the title when the segment is collapsed.
The fields in the Tracking provider segment will automatically populate with the Sensor provider, Asset identifier type, and Asset identifier value.
Updating the Equipment used segment with new equipment
If you have already added equipment to a shipment and then update the Equipment used segment, the Tracking provider segment will default to the most recently applied P44- or MacroPoint-connected equipment, meaning that:
- If the P44-connected equipment is removed from Equipment used, and new equipment P44- or MacroPoint-connected equipment is added, then Turvo will replace the information in the Tracking provider segment with the new information.
- If the P44-connected equipment is not removed from Equipment used, and new equipment P44- or MacroPoint-connected equipment is added, then Turvo will replace the information in the Tracking provider segment with the new information.
- If the P44-connected equipment is removed from Equipment used, and new P44- or MacroPoint-connected equipment is not added, then the information in the Tracking provider segment will remain.
- Note: If you are adding a new asset associated with a telematics integration other than P44 or MacroPoint, this will not override the information in the Tracking provider segment. Be sure to delete the information to avoid errors.
Assigning P44 directly to a shipment
The fields in the Tracking provider segment will always be open for manual modification. However, the Sensor provider field will only include Project44 and/or MacroPoint as options, depending on the integrations that are configured for your tenant. Otherwise, the drop-down will only contain blank fields.
If the fields were pre-filled due to an added P44- or MacroPoint-connected asset, any information added manually in the Tracking provider segment will override the telematics integration assigned to the asset for that shipment only. These manual updates to the Tracking provider segment will not update the telematics integration in the asset’s profile.
This can be useful for certain situations, such as an asset temporarily using a different GPS device or driver.
Note: If you wish to use the telematics for an asset connected to a provider other than P44 or MacroPoint, do not update these fields. It will override the connected asset.
Protip: See the MacroPoint-to-Turvo section of our article, Turvo's MacroPoint integrations, to learn more about connecting MacroPoint to TL assets and shipments.
Canceling or updating a shipment
Turvo sends a shipment delete event to P44 TL when a shipment is canceled in Turvo before P44 tracking starts.
Similarly, Turvo sends a shipment update event to P44 TL when a shipment is updated in Turvo before P44 tracking starts for the following scenarios:
- Identifier type or value is updated on the shipment: A shipment update event is sent to P44 TL to update the identifier information.
- Carrier Identifier is updated on the shipment: A shipment update event is sent to P44 TL to update the carrier identifier information.
- Mobile number is updated on the shipment: A shipment update event is sent to P44 TL to update mobile number information.
- Start/stops are updated on the shipment: A shipment update event is sent to P44 TL to update the start/stop information.
- Date/times are updated on the shipment: A shipment update event is sent to P44 TL to update the date/time information.
- Carrier is deleted on the shipment: A shipment delete event is sent to P44 TL
Shipment creation failure
Turvo creates shipment exceptions if any issue in P44 causes a failure during shipment creation. You will see a shipment exception, a reason for failure, and a description of the failure.