Go to next article > RMIS setup prerequisites
RMIS, or Registry Monitoring Insurance Services, is the largest database of carrier certificates of insurance. RMIS leverages its data to help logistics service providers accelerate the carrier onboarding process and automate carrier compliance.
When enabled, RMIS is considered the “source of truth” for carrier information. This means that Turvo ingests carrier information and updates from RMIS. As a result, updates are always synced from RMIS to Turvo.
RMIS sends carrier data to Turvo when a carrier is updated or created in RMIS. Turvo syncs with RMIS every 10 minutes, looking for carrier updates or new carriers entered into the RMIS system.
Important Note: If you create a carrier manually in Turvo, you must submit a support ticket to have that carrier mapped to RMIS.
Note: The RMIS sync will overwrite any changes made in Turvo.
Important Note: If you’re enabling RMIS but are planning to migrate 1 year of historic shipment you’ll need to first ingest carriers via TDI. If doing so, please ensure your carrier TDI file has the DOT number as the Turvo ID. For more information on ingesting carriers via TDI, see our Importing data with TDI article in the Help Center.
Important Note: When first registering, we do not recommend accepting the RMIS offer to mass load your carriers through their "Grandfathered" process. Instead, we recommend sending your RMIS registration link to your existing carriers and for any new carriers moving forward.
Setting up RMIS
RMIS can be set up by a Turvo Admin or Super Admin using the Integration Hub in the Admin console. Below you will find a list of pre-setup activities, as well as the steps to configure the connection and test once preparation is complete.
Below is a list of articles detailing, in order, the process for integrating Turvo with RMIS:
- RMIS setup prerequisites: This article details the setup required in your tenant before RMIS integration can take place.
- Configure RMIS in Integration Hub: This article details the process to configure RMIS integration with your Turvo tenant.
- Test the RMIS integration: This article details the process of testing to confirm data is properly syncing between RMIS and your Turvo tenant.
- Carrier fields ingested into Turvo from RMIS: This article details the carrier fields ingested into Turvo via RMIS.
Reporting issues with your RMIS integration
If issues arise during testing or afterward, submit a request to Turvo Support and make sure to include the below information:
- Detailed information, including screenshots, around the issue that is occurring and any error messages you have received.
- FTP credentials and server information.
- API credentials, including ClientID, API version, and API password.
- RMIS portal credentials.
Key points of note for successful RMIS integration
- No banking information syncs to Turvo from RMIS. If you need banking information saved to your Carrier profile, you must enter this information in Turvo, and RMIS will not overwrite it.
- Remit details from RMIS are mapped to the Pay To fields in Turvo. If a carrier is factored, factoring company remit details map to the Pay To fields as well.
- RMIS is the source of truth; therefore, any changes made manually by the user in Turvo for any field mapped to RMIS will be overwritten by RMIS whenever an update syncs for the carrier.
- Tenants with the RMIS integration should not ingest advances via TDI. Ingesting advances via TDI with the RMIS integration will create updating issues because RMIS does not support advances.
- If you are migrating your master carrier data via TDI, then you will utilize the DOT number as the TDI ID for carriers.
Next steps to configure RMIS
Continue to the next step in the RMIS integration process by reviewing the RMIS setup prerequisites article in the Turvo Help Center.