You can share shipment tracking and status information via Turvo sharing links to any partners who do not have their own Turvo tenant. These links are updated in real-time with current status information whenever a shipment is updated, so once you share a link with your customer, they can always check the link to see current shipment status.
This article covers the different ways you can configure Turvo links to best meet your needs as well as your customers'.
- Create a Turvo link when creating a shipment
- Send a Turvo link from an existing shipment
- Share a Turvo link via email or text message
- Include the customer’s secondary ID in Turvo links
- Sharing links report
Create a Turvo link when creating a shipment
When you create a new shipment, you have the ability to create or schedule a Turvo link for immediate delivery. Configuring a link at this point means you won't have to come back to the shipment and send one later.
- Click the + create icon, then select Shipment from the Create menu.
- In the Send Turvo link to field, start typing in the name, email or phone number of the contact you want to send the Turvo link to. You can select one or more contacts.
- Next, decide when the link should be sent by selecting a status from the when shipment is drop-down menu.
- When the shipment reaches the selected status, a Turvo link will be sent to the selected contacts.
Note: If the shipment never reaches the specific status set to trigger sending a Turvo link, then the Turvo link will not send. For example, if At pickup is selected, but the shipment is set straight to Picked up, then the link will not be sent.
- Finish filling in the rest of the information for the shipment, then click CREATE.
- The Turvo link will be sent to the contacts when the shipment reaches the chosen status.
Protip: On the Sharing tab of the shipment, if you hover over the ‘i’ next to COPY, you can see the status at which the Turvo link is configured to send.
Send a Turvo link from an existing shipment
- Click the Sharing tab on the desired shipment you'd like to share.
- In the Links block, click +Add link to open the Create link modal.
- In the Create link modal you can name the link, select if an email is required, set an expiration date, and automatically send the link to contacts.
- To create Turvo link, be sure the Link type is Regular. Everything in this modal is optional and each field is described in detail below.
Note: For information on creating and sending delivery location links, see our Sending a pickup or delivery location link manually article.
- Link name: You can give the link a name that will display in the Links block of the Sharing tab. This is handy if you end up creating multiple links and want to differentiate between them easily.
- Require email: If this box is selected, then anyone who clicks the link will be required to enter their email address in order to view the shipment. The screenshot below is an example of what the recipient sees:
Protip: Requiring an email allows you to see exactly who has viewed the link. The Sharing tab has a Visitors block that shows a list of all the times the link is accessed.
- Set expiration date: Check this box to choose a date and time for the link to expire.
- Send Turvo link to: By using this field, you have the option for Turvo to automatically send the link to a contact based on status or exception. If you would like to share the link manually, leave this field blank.
- To configure an automatic link:
- Click into the Send Turvo link to field, and begin typing the name of an existing contact. Select the applicable contact from the drop-down menu.
- You can add one or multiple contacts.
- Next, choose when to send the link.
- This can be triggered based on the shipment's status, or an exception.
- Note: If the shipment never reaches the specific status set to trigger sending a Turvo link, then the Turvo link will not send. For example, if At pickup is selected, but the shipment is set straight to Picked up, then the link will not be sent.
- To configure an automatic link:
- Notes: Use this text field to add any notes you wish to share on the Turvo link.
- Important Note: These notes are always shared no matter what your Share shipment status notes settings are for Turvo links at the tenant-level and location-level. See our Enabling location link & Turvo link features for your tenant article to learn more.
- After the fields are selected and you click CREATE, you will see the link you have created appear in the Links block.
- Now you can send the link to someone via email or text by clicking SEND, or copy the link to your computer’s clipboard by clicking COPY.
Share a Turvo link via email or text message
- Click the Sharing tab on the shipment you want to share.
- View existing Turvo links In the Links block. Click the blue SEND button next to the link you want to share.
Protip: Click COPY to copy the Turvo link to your computer’s clipboard in order to paste it into any desired location.
- Click the To field and begin typing the name of a contact, then select the applicable contact’s email or phone number from the suggestions. You can select one or multiple contacts.
Note: Having the option to select a contact phone number is a tenant-level configuration. If you do not see this in your tenant, reach out to your Turvo representative.
- If you select a contact and their associated email, the modal will update so that you can update the email’s subject and body before sending.
- If you select a contact’s phone number, then the modal will update with a Text message field in order to write the text message that you want the user to receive.
Note: The Turvo link is automatically added after your custom message in the text that is sent.
- Click the SEND button to send the Turvo link through email or text message.
- Once you send the link, you will be able to see who has visited the shipment by viewing the Visitors block located below the Links block within the shipment’s Sharing tab.
Include the customer’s secondary ID in Turvo links
Your tenant can be configured to always include the default secondary ID set in the shipment customer’s account. See our Enabling location link & Turvo link features for your tenant article to learn more about configuring this setting.
Sharing links report
If you would like to review your shipping partners’ engagement with your Turvo links and location links, the Sharing Links Activity report provides data on how many users are engaging with your links and how frequently. See our Turvo Reports - Shipments article to learn more about using the Sharing Links Activity report.