An Admin user can manage tags for their company’s tenant. In Admin console you can update a tag’s name, add a description, determine if the tag should share across tenants, and update its status to active or inactive. This way typos or tags that are too similar to one another can easily be managed. You can also quickly add new tags.
Protip: It is a best practice to configure your tenant so that only Admins are able to define new tags which allows them to set the standard tags to be used by users in your tenant. Reach out to your Turvo representative to have this configured.
Access the Tags manager
Navigate to the Admin console by clicking on your profile icon in the top right corner of Turvo, then select Admin console.
In the Admin console, click Tags.
Here you can see all of the existing tags in your tenant.
From this screen you can:
Search for a tag
Search for a specific tag by using the Find filter in the top left corner. Click Find, and then type in your search term.
Note: Find requires 3 or more characters in order to conduct a search.
Update a tag’s status
Tags have one of the two following statuses:
- Enabled: The tag is available for any user to add to a shipment or order.
- Disabled: The tag will be hidden when a user tries to add a tag to a shipment or order.
- Note: Disabled tags remain on historical shipments. However, you cannot filter for disabled tags. Do not disable a tag until you know filtering for that tag will no longer be necessary.
- Protip: Disabling tags is a great way to prevent future issues. You can add tags with common typos and then disable them as a way to prevent typos from being used. You can also prevent undesirable words from being used in tags by disabling them.
A tag’s status can be updated two different ways by hovering over the tag’s row and:
- Selecting the drop-down button in the status column
- Selecting the 3-dot menu at the far right of the row and selecting the status you want to update to
Delete a tag
Hover over the tag’s row, click the 3-dot menu, and then select Delete.
Edit a tag
Hover over the tag’s row, click the 3-dot menu, and then select Edit.
Make any needed changes in the Edit tag modal:
- Tag name: Update the tag’s name
- Description: Update the tag’s description
- Always share tag: Update the sharing settings of a tag:
- Select Always share tag to ensure that every time this tag is added to a shipment or order, all accounts shared on that shipment or order will also see this tag.
- Share if account is: If you only want the tag to share to certain other accounts, ensure Always share tag is deselected and add in the accounts you want this tag to be shared with in the Share if account is field.
When the needed changes are complete, click SAVE.
Protip: When adding a tag to a shipment or order, a symbol appears next to the tag to remind you it is a shared tag.
Add a new tag
Click + Add tag on the bottom left corner of the list of existing tags.
Fill in all of the applicable fields in the Create tag modal.
Note: Only Tag name is required.
- Tag name: Type in a name for the tag. Once created, this is the name that will show up in the list of tags when users add a tag to a shipment or order. Note: the tag name cannot contain spaces.
- Description: Describe the tag. This displays in the list of tags and can help differentiate it from other tags and explain its use case.
- Always share tag: Select Always share tag to ensure that every time this tag is added to a shipment or order, all accounts shared on that shipment or order will also see this tag.
- Share if account is: If you only want the tag to share to certain other accounts, ensure Always share tag is deselected and add in the accounts you want this tag to be shared with in the Share if account is field. Begin typing the name of an account, then select an account from the drop-down menu. Select one or multiple accounts.
When all of the needed fields are complete, click CREATE.