Groups are a key part of many users' workflow. They help manage security on orders and shipments and allow you to build rules and filters. Group assignment rules are configured in the Admin Console by Admin and Super admin users. They can configure rules to ensure that future orders or shipments that meet the criteria specified in the rules are automatically assigned to groups.
Note: This option needs to be configured for your tenant. Contact your Turvo representative to enable.
- Navigate to the Admin console by clicking on your profile icon in the top right corner of Turvo and selecting Admin console.
- In the Admin console, select the Groups tile.
Here you can see all of the groups in your tenant, a description of the group, the number of members in the group, the status, whether or not group message is activated, and the date each group was created.
- Click into a group to see more details. Select the Settings segment in the group’s Details tab. Under Settings, a user can define rules for automatically assigning orders, shipments, and locations to groups.
Note: Each section is configurable and may not be configured for your tenant. For more information or to configure a feature, contact your Turvo representative.
- To create a new rule, click the Orders, Shipments, or Locations segment to expand the section.
Order or shipment rules
If creating order or shipment rules, click + Create rule.
The Create rule modal will appear prompting you to configure the rule.
- Rule name: First, give your rule a name. This can be anything that will help you identify the rule in the list of rules.
- If (required):
- Customer: If applicable, add in the customer that this rule will apply to. Begin typing the name of a customer, then choose the applicable customer from the drop-down menu of suggestions. You can add one or multiple customers. If left blank, the rule will apply to any customer.
- + Add criteria (optional): Add additional criteria to further customize your rule. If any additional criteria are added, the chosen conditions must be met along with the customer(s) added to the Customer field. You can choose from Additional attribute*, ID, Location, Origin location, Destination location, or Shipment type using the drop-down menu.
- Note: When you select Shipment type as an additional criterion, you will then be required to select either Warehouse shipment or Transportation shipment.
*Note: If Additional attributes are not configured for your tenant, you will not have this option. Learn more about Additional attributes.
- Additional attribute: Choose an attribute from the Attribute type drop-down menu. If configured, your tenant will have up to five additional attributes to choose from. Once chosen, add in the corresponding value for that attribute.
- ID: Select an ID type from the drop-down menu, then a corresponding value.
- Location: Begin typing the name of a location, then select the appropriate location from the drop-down menu of suggestions. You can add one or multiple locations.
- Note: Adding a Location does not differentiate between an origin or destination location on the shipment or order. This means the group will be added to any shipment or order with the entered location. For more specific location rules, we’d recommend using the Origin or Destination location options described below.
- Origin location: Any shipment or order with the specified location as the origin (or first pickup location) will be added to the group. To add a location, begin typing the name and select the appropriate location from the drop-down menu.
- Destination location: Any shipment or order with the specified location as the destination (or final delivery location) of the shipment or order will be added to the group. To add a location, begin typing the name and select the appropriate location from the drop-down menu.
- Shipment type: Select whether this is a Transportation shipment or a Warehouse shipment
In the example below, the rule is set up so that any shipment for the customer Regression Shipper that also includes Sunnyvale, CA as the Origin location and the Additional attribute assigned to the shipment is Retail will automatically be added to the Admin Group. Regression Shipper shipments that do not include Sunnyvale as the first pickup of the shipment will not be assigned to the group.
If creating a location rule, click Locations to expand the section and complete the available fields. All fields are required in order to create your rule.
Protip: See our How to create a location article for more context on the fields available when creating locations.
- Address: Begin to type a city and state, then select the appropriate from the drop-down menu.
- Note: The field does not take full address information, only the city, state, and postal code.
- Account: Start typing an existing account from your tenant and select them from the drop-down. This will look for locations that are created with a matching account entered into the Account field of the Create location modal.
Protip: If the account does not exist in your tenant, you’ll be prompted to create a new customer, carrier, or factor from the drop-down menu.
Once all of the fields are completed, the save button will change from grey to blue and you can click SAVE to save your rule.
To add more than one location rule to a group, click the + Add Location rule button.
Once the rule is configured, click CREATE.
Note: When a new order, shipment, or location is created that matches an existing rule, the order, shipment, or location needs to be refreshed to see the automatically added group. Rules only apply to orders, shipments, and locations created or updated after the rule is created.
Edit, delete, or disable existing rules
Under the Orders and Shipments segments, you will now see the rules you have created. If you want to edit a rule, simply hover over the rule and click the More actions (three vertical dots) menu on the right side. Select Edit to access the Edit rule modal. Make any needed changes, then click SAVE. You can also Delete or Disable rules from the More actions menu.
Group inheritance settings
Another method to automatically assign shipments to groups is via group inheritance. Using settings in the Admin console > Settings > Shipments > Groups segment, you can select whether your shipments should inherit groups from their assigned carrier(s), customer(s), location(s), and/or order(s). Check out our article on Assigning shipments to groups to learn more about this feature.
This method also works for orders. Use the setting found in Admin console > Settings > Orders > Groups to determine if you want the transportation, warehouse, or customer orders to automatically inherit groups. See Understanding and updating tenant settings in the Help Center for more information.