On the Shipments page, you can apply filters to quickly view the shipments that are most important to you. You can also save frequently used filters for future use.
This article covers how to:
- Apply a filter
- Use More filters
- Filter by Additional attributes
- Filter by Mode
- Save a shipment filter
- View the applied filter
Apply a filter
- On the Shipments page, click the Filters icon in the upper right corner to expand the filter modal.
- Then, fill in the fields you'd like to filter your shipment view by. Below are the listed fields and descriptions of how to complete each field:
- Shipment type: Select Warehouse shipment or Transportation shipment
- Date Range: Select one of the following date types from the drop-down menu: Actual pickup date, Actual delivery date, Planned pickup date, Planned delivery date, Requested pickup date, Requested delivery date, Pickup appointment date, or Delivery appointment date. Then, create a custom date range, or click the drop-down menu and choose from the following: Today, Past week, This week, Next week, Past month, This month, or Next month. To create a custom date range, click each field to select a date from the calendar, or type in a date with the format mm/dd/yy.
Note: The date types correspond to fields in the Route segment of the shipment’s Details tab. See our article, Understanding dates and times on a route, to learn more about the date types.
- Shipment ID: Begin typing in a shipment ID, then choose one from the drop-down menu of existing shipments IDs. Add one or multiple.
Protip: If you’re copy/pasting a list of IDs into the Shipment ID field, each ID can be separated by commas or spaces.
- Status: Choose to filter by including (Is) or excluding (Is not) certain shipment statuses. Then select a shipment status from the drop-down menu, or start typing the status name to narrow the list. You can add multiple shipment statuses, if applicable for your filter.
- Billing status: Select the appropriate billing status from the drop-down menu, or start typing the Billing status to narrow the drop-down list. You can add multiple billing statuses, if applicable for your filter.
- Customer: Choose to filter by including (Is) or excluding (Is not) certain customers. Begin typing the name of a customer, then choose an existing customer from the drop-down menu. You can filter by one customer account or multiple customer accounts.
- Carrier: First decide to filter by including (Is) or excluding (Is not) certain carriers. Begin typing the name of a carrier, then select from the drop-down menu of existing carriers. You can filter by one or multiple carriers.
- Offer status: Filter shipments by including (Is) or excluding (Is not) certain offer statuses. Click into the field and select one of the options from the drop-down: Accepted, Expired, Open, Pending, Rejected, or Withdrawn.
Note: Only available for those shipments under the Plan phase.
- Customer account owner: The Turvo user designated as the Account owner for a customer. Begin typing the name of a user, then select from the drop-down menu of existing users. You can filter by one or multiple customer account owners. Once applied, the results will only include shipments for a customer-owned by the chosen user(s).
- Carrier account owner: The Turvo user designated as the Account owner for a carrier. Begin typing the name of a user, then select from the drop-down menu of existing users. You can filter by one or multiple carrier account owners. Once applied, the results will only include shipments assigned to a carrier owned by the chosen user(s).
- Origin city, state, country: Begin typing the name of a place, such as a city or state, then select a location from the drop-down menu of suggestions. Add one or more origin locations.
- Search radius (mi): The search radius represents how many miles from the chosen location an origin can be in order to display in the filtered results. For example, if the chosen Origin city, state, country is Sunnyvale, CA, USA and the Search radius (mi) is 100 miles, then all shipments with origin locations within 100 miles of Sunnyvale will be shown. You can filter by one or multiple origins. This field only appears once an origin location has been populated.
- Origin location: Begin typing the name of an existing location in Turvo, then select from the drop-down menu. For example, you may want to see all the shipments originating from a certain warehouse. You can filter by one or multiple origin locations.
- Destination city, state, country: Begin typing the name of a place, such as a city or state, then select a location from the drop-down menu of suggestions. Add one or more destination locations.
- Search radius (mi): The search radius represents how many miles from the chosen location the destination can be in order to display in the filtered results. For example, if the chosen Destination city, state, country is Sunnyvale, CA, USA and the Search radius (mi) is 100 miles, then all shipments with destination locations within 100 miles of Sunnyvale will be shown. You can filter by one or multiple destinations. This field only appears once a destination location has been populated.
- Destination location: Begin typing the name of an existing location in Turvo, then select from the drop-down menu. For example, you may want to see all the shipments delivering to a certain store. You can filter by one or multiple destination locations.
- Tags: Begin typing the name of a tag that you use on shipments, then select from the drop-down menu of existing tags. You can filter by one or multiple tags. For example, you may want to see all the shipments that have the tag #HotShipments.
- Groups: First decide to filter by including or excluding certain groups by clicking Is or Is not. Begin typing the name of a group, then select from the drop-down menu of existing groups.You can select one group or multiple groups to filter information that is affiliated with them.
- Mode: Choose to filter by including (Is) or excluding (Is not) one or more modes. Then, use the drop-down to select the mode(s) you wish to specify. Modes are presented with service types associated with that mode to provide more specific choices.
Once all the needed fields are populated, click APPLY. Now, only shipments matching all the chosen criteria will be displayed. For example, if you choose a Date range of Pickup Today, and the Status Is Covered, then only shipments that have a pickup for today’s date and are in the Covered status will be shown.
Protip: Save time by using your keyboard more than your mouse or trackpad. Once the criteria you want to select are highlighted in blue in a drop-down menu, you can press the return or tab key on your keyboard to quickly choose that selection. You can then begin typing again if you want to select multiple options for the same field.
Use More filters
Looking to filter by data that is not an option? There are many more filters to choose from beyond the default collection that are visible. To reveal more available filter criteria, click More filters.
This adds an additional line. Click the field to choose from the many options in the drop-down menu. Once an option is selected, complete the applicable field. This will differ depending on the chosen criteria. For example, if Has exception? is selected, the options are to click Yes or No. Alternatively, if Equipment needed is selected, the next step is to choose from a drop-down menu of equipment types.
If you want to see all the shipments that pass through a location? Another example is to use More filters to add a filter for Stops at, then specify a location. Once applied, this will show you all shipments associated with that location regardless of whether the location is the origin or destination.
If multiple additional filters are needed, continue to click More filters to add as many additional filters as you need. Click the x to the right side of a line to remove an additional filter.
Filter by Additional attributes
Are you using Additional attributes in your tenant? Check out our Understanding additional attributes to learn more about adding Additional attributes to your shipments. Up to five Additional attributes can be added to the More filters drop-down menu to help you filter shipments even further. For example, if your tenant has Additional attributes for Cost center, Delivery type, and Priority, these could become filterable criteria.
Contact your Turvo representative to add Additional attributes to your tenant’s shipment filters.
Protip: When sharing a shipment between two tenants that use the same Additional attributes, users on the receiving tenant can filter by the Additional attributes configured for filtering on their tenant, even if the original tenant does not have that attribute configured for filtering. For example, if your tenant has Customer Group enabled as a filterable Additional attribute, and a shipment with that attribute is shared with you from a tenant that does not have it enabled for filtering, you will still be able to filter by Customer Group and find the shipment.
Save a shipment filter
Do you filter by the same criteria in shipments regularly? Save filters to quickly apply them when you need to. After filling in all of the applicable fields, click Save as… in the bottom right corner.
Type in a name for your filter, then click the checkmark icon to save. If you change your mind, click the arrow icon to undo the action and not save the filter.
Next time you want to apply your saved filter, click My filters next to the filter icon in the top right corner of the Shipments page. This displays all of your saved filters. Select the one you want to quickly apply to your shipments.
View the applied filter
Once a filter is applied, the criteria used to filter shipments is displayed at the top of the Shipments page.
In the example above, the shipments page is being filtered by three criteria: Date range, Status, and Origin. The Date range is a pickup date between June 29, 2020 and July 5, 2020, the shipment status is Status (Exclude Route complete), which means all shipments in any status except for the status Route complete are shown, and the Origin is Sunnyvale, CA, or any origin location within 100 miles of Sunnyvale due to the chosen search radius. The result(s) on the right shows the total number of results that fit the criteria.
Click clear on the right side to remove the filter. To edit the applied filter, click the filter icon to add to or remove the existing criteria.
A filter will remain until it is cleared or edited and reapplied. Even if you sign out and log back in, the last filter you applied to shipments will remain.
If you cannot find a shipment you are looking for, look at the applied filter and clear or edit the filter to adjust what is being displayed.