On the Orders page, you can apply filters to quickly view the orders that are most important to you. You can also save filters for future use.
This article covers how to:
- Apply a filter
- Use More filters
- Filter by Additional attributes
- Save an order filter
- View the applied filter
Apply a filter
On the Orders page, click the Filters icon in the upper right corner to expand the filter options.
Fill in each applicable field with the criteria you want to filter by. Reference an explanation of each field below.
Protip: Some fields have the option Is or Is not. This gives you the ability to choose to include or exclude criteria. For example, if you want to see all customer orders except those in the Closed status, you would first click Is not next to Status, then select Customer Order - Closed from the Status field drop-down menu.
- Order type: Select Transportation, Warehouse, or Customer orders.
- Note: Warehouse and Customer orders are not enabled by default. Reach out to your Truvo representative if you’d like to enable warehouse or customer orders for your tenant.
- Date Search: Select one of the following date types from the drop-down menu: Actual pickup date, Actual delivery date, Planned pickup date, Planned delivery date, Pickup appointment date, or Delivery appointment date. Then, create a custom date range, or click the drop-down menu and choose from the following: Today, Past week, This week, Next week, Past month, This month, or Next month. To create a custom date range, click each field to select a date from the calendar, or type in a date with the format mm/dd/yy.
- Note: The date types correspond to fields in the Route segment of the shipment’s Details tab. See our article, Understanding dates and times on a route, to learn more about the date types.
- ID type: Click PO number to choose an ID type from a drop-down menu. Once the ID type is selected, type in an ID value and/or ID account. Once you start typing the name of an ID account, select from the drop-down menu of existing accounts.
- Protip: If copy/pasting a list of IDs into the ID field, the IDs can be separated by spaces or commas.
- Phase: First decide to filter by including or excluding certain phases by clicking Is or Is not. Next, click the phase field and select an order phase from the drop-down menu. You can start typing the name of a phase to narrow down the drop-down list. You can filter by one or multiple order phases.
- Note: Phases are grouped by order type.
- Status: First decide to filter by including or excluding certain order statuses by clicking Is or Is not. Next, click the status field and select an order status from the drop-down menu. You can start typing the name of the status to narrow down the drop-down list. You can filter by one or multiple statuses.
- Note: Statuses are grouped by phase and order type.
- Origin City, State, Country: Begin typing the name of a place, such as a city or state, then select a location from the drop-down menu of suggestions. Add one or more origin cities. Optionally, add a number in the Search radius (mi) field. This field only appears once an Origin City, State, Country has been populated. The search radius represents how many miles from the chosen location an origin can be in order to display in the filtered results. For example, if the chosen Origin is Sunnyvale, CA, and the Search radius (mi) is 100 miles, then all shipments with origin locations within 100 miles of Sunnyvale will be shown.
- Destination City, State, Country: Begin typing the name of a place, such as a city or state, then select a location from the drop-down menu of suggestions. Add one or more destination cities. Optionally, add a number in the Search radius (mi) field. This field only appears once a Destination City, State, Country has been populated. The search radius represents how many miles from the chosen location an origin can be in order to display in the filtered results.
- Origin location: Begin typing the name of an existing location in Turvo, then select from the drop-down menu. For example, you may want to see all the orders originating from a certain warehouse. You can filter by one or multiple origin locations.
- Destination location: Begin typing the name of an existing location in Turvo, then select from the drop-down menu. For example, you may want to see all the orders being delivered to a certain store. You can filter by one or multiple destination locations.
- Protip: Want to see all the orders associated with a location whether it is the origin or destination? You can add an additional filter called Stops at. Learn how in the Use additional filter criteria section below.
- Customer: First decide to filter by including or excluding certain customers by clicking Is or Is not. Begin typing the name of a customer, then choose an existing customer from the drop-down menu. You can filter by one customer account or multiple customer accounts.
- Carrier: First decide to filter by including or excluding certain carriers by clicking Is or Is not. Begin typing the name of a carrier, then select from the drop-down menu of existing carriers. You can filter by one or multiple carriers.
- Tags: Begin typing the name of a tag that you use on orders, then select from the drop-down menu of existing tags. You can filter by one or multiple tags. For example, you may want to see all the orders that have the tags #HotOrders and #WhiteGlove.
- Items: Type in the name of an item to only see orders that include that item. You can add one or multiple items.
- Item State: Select Dry, Fresh, Frozen, Hazardous, or Ice cream from the drop-down menu.
- Groups: First decide to filter by including or excluding certain groups by clicking Is or Is not. Begin typing the name of a group, then select from the drop-down menu of existing groups.You can select one group or multiple groups to filter information that is affiliated with them.
- Total Weight: Type in a minimum and maximum weight, in pounds, to create a total weight range to filter by.
- Total Volume: Type in a minimum and maximum volume to create a total volume range to filter by.
- Has shipment(s)?: Filter by whether or not an order has one or more associates shipments by selecting Yes or No.
- Has appointment(s)?: Filter by whether or not an order has appointments scheduled by selecting Yes or No.
Protip: Save time by using your keyboard more than your mouse or trackpad. Once the criteria you want to select is highlighted in blue in a drop-down menu, you can press the return or tab key on your keyboard to quickly choose that selection. You can then begin typing again if you want to select multiple options for the same field.
Once all the needed fields are populated, click APPLY. All orders matching the chosen criteria will be displayed. Filters work in both card and list view. Keep in mind that an order must match all selected criteria in order to appear. For example, if you choose a Date range of Pickup This week, and the Customer Is Ship Shoppe, then only orders that have a pickup sometime this week and are for the customer Ship Shoppe will be shown.
Use More filters
Looking to filter by data that is not an option? There are many more filters to choose from beyond the default collection that are visible. To reveal more available filter criteria, click More filters.
This adds an additional line. Click the field to choose from the many options in the drop-down menu. Once an option is selected, complete the applicable field. This will differ depending on the chosen criteria.
What if you want to see all the orders that pass through a location? Another example is to use More filters to add a filter for Stops at, then specify a location. Once applied, this will show you all orders associated with that location regardless of whether the location is the origin or destination.
If multiple additional filters are needed, continue to click More filters to add as many additional filters as you need. Click the x to the right side of a line to remove an additional filter.
Filter by Additional attributes
Are you using Additional attributes in your tenant? Check out our Understanding additional attributes to learn more about adding Additional attributes to your orders. Up to five Additional attributes can be added to the More filters drop-down menu to help you filter orders even further. For example, if your tenant has Additional attributes for Cost center, Delivery type, and Priority, these could become filterable criteria.
Contact your Turvo representative to add Additional attributes to your tenant’s order filters.
Protip: When sharing an order between two tenants that use the same Additional attributes, users on the receiving tenant can filter by the Additional attributes configured for filtering on their tenant, even if the original tenant does not have that attribute configured for filtering. For example, if your tenant has Customer Group enabled as a filterable Additional attribute, and an order with that attribute is shared with you from a tenant that does not have it enabled for filtering, you will still be able to filter by Customer Group and find the order.
Save an order filter
Do you filter by the same criteria in orders regularly? Save filters to quickly apply them when you need to. After filling in all of the applicable fields, click Save as… in the bottom right corner.
Type in a name for your filter, then click the checkmark icon to save. If you change your mind, click the arrow icon to undo the action and not save the filter.
Next time you want to apply your saved filter, click My filters next to the filter icon in the top right corner of the Orders page. This displays all of your saved order filters. Select the one you want to quickly apply to your orders.
View the applied filter
Once a filter is applied, the criteria used to filter orders is displayed at the top of the Orders page.
In the example above, the orders page is being filtered by three criteria: Phase, Destination location, and Customer. The order phase is displayed as Phase (Exclude Complete), which means orders in any phase except for the phase Complete are shown, the destination location is Sunnyvale, so only orders ending at the Sunnyvale location are included, and lastly, the customer on the order must be Regression Shipper.
Click clear on the right side to remove the filter. To edit the filter, click the filter icon to add to or remove the existing criteria. Keep in mind that a filter will remain until it is cleared or edited and reapplied. Even if you sign out and log back in, the last filter you applied to orders will remain. If you cannot find an order you are looking for, look at the applied filter and clear or edit the filter to adjust what is being displayed.
Protip: When using list view with a saved filter, your column customizations will be automatically saved to the filter you are using.