Copying shipments in Turvo is an intuitive 3-step process that allows you to create multiple shipments at the same time using the information entered on an existing shipment. You can pick and choose which data points you'd like to copy to customize how the copies look. Read below for instructions on how to copy shipments.
To copy a shipment, select the three dots in the upper right corner of the shipment card, or within the shipment view, and select Copy.
A modal window will pop up, where you will begin defining what information you'd like to copy.
Within the header of the modal, you can select whether you would like to copy details into a new shipment or copy the details to an existing shipment by selecting the corresponding option.
If To existing shipment is selected, provide the shipment number you'd like to copy to.
If To new shipment is selected, specify the number of copies you'd like to make (maximum is 100 copies) in the field below.
Based on the status of the original shipment, you can define what status you'd like the copied shipments to be in.
- Shipments that have no carrier assigned can only be copied into "Draft" status.
- Shipments that have a carrier assigned can be copied into "Tendered" or "Covered" status.
Tags that appear on the original shipment will populate in the Tags field by default. Simply click the X to remove any unwanted tags. You can also add more tags here that will be copied to each new shipment if needed.
Additionally, checking the box to Copy order association will associate any orders that are tied to the original shipment to all the new shipments.
Note: This will not create any new copies of orders.
Checking the box to Automate with routing guide allows you to use the Routing Guide feature.
Note: For more information about routing guides and how they work, see the How to use Turvo's routing guide article in the Help Center.
After you've completed the header configurations, move on to the General information section. Here, you can determine which specific shipment information should copy to the new shipment(s).
- Additional attributes: If the Additional attributes checkbox is selected, all additional attributes (typically additional IDs needed on the shipment) that are stored in the Overview section of the shipment will copy to new shipments.
- Equipment needed: If the Equipment needed checkbox is selected, all types of equipment will copy to new shipments. You are able to remove or add additional equipment types by typing in the name to add, or clicking the X to remove.
- Route: Within the Route information, you can determine if the entire route section (all pickups and deliveries) should copy to the new shipments. In this section you can also:
- Update the pickup or delivery location.
- Update the requested pickup or requested delivery dates.
- Requested pickup/delivery are the dates requested upon shipment creation and may not match the shipment's current Pickup/delivery appointment date and time.
- Use the Pickup/delivery appointment dates checkbox to:
- Update the Original appointment, which is the original appointment date booked for the original shipment.
- Update the Pickup/delivery appointment, which is the current appointment date of the original shipment. This will match the Original appointment if the appointment was not rescheduled.
- Protip: See our article, Understanding dates and times on a route, to learn more about the different date types in Turvo.
- Update the pickup or delivery number.
- Note: Appointment times and appointment confirmations do not carry over to the copied shipments.
- Users: If the Users checkbox is selected, all users and their titles added to the shipment will copy to new shipments.
- Groups: If the Groups checkbox is selected, all groups associated with the original shipment will copy to the new shipments. This includes the original shipment’s manually-assigned groups and any groups that the original shipment inherited from associated carriers, customers, locations, or orders.
Click NEXT to move to the next step.
On the next page of the modal, you can select which customer information you'd like to copy to the new shipment(s).
- Customer name: If you uncheck the box next to the customer's name, all below boxes will become unchecked and your shipments will copy with no customer assigned.
- IDs: If selected, all IDs stored in the Customer section of the shipment will copy.
- Additional attributes: If selected, all Additional attributes stored in the Customer section of the shipment will copy.
- Items: If selected, all items and their associated details will copy.
- Costs: If selected, all costs associated with the customer and their details will copy.
- Contacts: If selected, all contacts associated with the customer on the shipment will copy.
Click NEXT to move to the next step.
On page 3 of the modal, you can select which carrier information you'd like to copy to the new shipment(s).
- Carrier name: If you uncheck the box next to the carrier's name, all below boxes will become unchecked and your shipments will copy with no carrier assigned.
- IDs: If selected, all IDs stored in the Carrier section of a shipment will copy.
- Additional attributes: If selected, all Additional attributes stored in the Carrier section of a shipment will copy.
- Costs: If selected, all costs associated with the carrier and their details will copy.
- Contacts: If selected, all contacts associated with the carrier will copy.
- Equipment used: If selected, all types of equipment will copy.
Once you feel you have finalized what you want to copy from the original shipment, select the COPY button to execute the copy.
Once you have selected COPY, you will be led to a confirmation screen. Here you can review all copies you have made and their statuses - in progress, complete, or failed.
If you hover over the shipment line, a button will appear allowing you to go to the copied shipment:
If you select the Open all copies checkbox, when you click DONE in the bottom right, all copied shipments will open in a new tab in your browser.
Protip: Ensure that your browser does not inhibit multiple tabs opening (you may need to change your browser settings).
You can also simply click DONE without opening all copies, and this will take you back to the screen you were on previously to continue your work there.