Filters help you refine search results to find exactly what you're looking for. Filter are also used to prioritize and organize information you need to see. They can be saved for future use.
Any information on a page in Turvo with the My filters (and filter icon) can be filtered to organize the presented data/information.
Learn about filtering the dashboard using the following example.
Example: Filtering the Dashboard
To create a new filter on the Dashboard, click the Filter icon on the bread crumb bar on the dashboard. All of the possible filtering options appear.
Some fields have the option Is or Is not. This gives you the ability to choose to include or exclude criteria. For example, if you want to see information associated with all customers except for Regression Shipper, you would first click Is not next to Customer, then begin typing in "Regression Shipper" to select it from the drop-down menu.
- Date Range (Pickup/Delivery): Create a custom date range, or click the drop-down menu, and choose from the following options:
- Past week
- This week
- Next week
- Past month
- This month
- Next month
To create a custom date range, click each field to select a date from the calendar, or type in a date with the format "MM/DD/YY".
- Groups: You can select one group or multiple groups to filter information that is affiliated with them.
- Origin: Begin typing the name of a place, such as a city or state, then select a location from the drop-down menu of suggestions. Add one or more origin locations.
- Destination: Begin typing the name of a place, such as a city or state, then select a location from the drop-down menu of suggestions. Add one or more destination locations.
- Customer: First decide to filter by including or excluding certain customers by clicking Is or Is not. Begin typing the name of a customer, then choose an existing customer from the drop-down menu. You can filter by one customer account or multiple customer accounts.
- Carrier: You can include or exclude specific carriers by clicking Is or Is not. Begin typing the name of a carrier, then select from the drop-down menu of existing carriers. You can filter by one or multiple carriers.
- Customer account owner: This refers to the Turvo user that is designated as the Account owner for a customer. Begin typing the name of a user, then select from the drop-down menu of existing users. You can filter by one or multiple customer account owners. Once applied, the results will only include shipments for a customer owned by the chosen user(s).
- Carrier account owner: This refers to the Turvo user that is designated as the Account owner for a carrier. Begin typing the name of a user, then select from the drop-down menu of existing users. You can filter by one or multiple carrier account owners. Once applied, the results will only include shipments assigned to a carrier owned by the chosen user(s).
- Tags: Begin typing the name of a tag, then select from the drop-down menu of existing tags. You can filter by one or multiple tags.
- Equipment: Click the Equipment field to select an equipment type from the drop-down menu to filter by what type of equipment was used for shipments. You can select one or multiple equipment types.
- Mode: First decide to filter by including or excluding mode by clicking Is or Is not. Choose to filter by shipments that are TL, LTL, Parcel, Drayage, Air, Rail, Ocean, and/or Intermodal. Select the mode(s) and associated service type from the Mode drop-down menu.
Protip: Save time by using your keyboard more than your mouse or trackpad. When the criteria you want to select is highlighted in blue in a drop-down menu, you can press the return or tab key on your keyboard to quickly choose that selection. You can then begin typing again if you want to select multiple options for the same field.
Once all the needed fields are populated, click APPLY. All data matching the chosen criteria will be displayed.
Save a filter
To save a filter you want to use frequently, click Save as… in the bottom right corner after filling in the appropriate criteria.
Type in a name for your filter, then click the checkmark icon to save. If you do not want to save your filter name, click the arrow icon to undo the action and not save the filter.
When you want to apply your saved filter, click My filters next to the filter icon in the top right corner. This displays all of your saved filters. Select the filter you want to quickly apply to the Dashboard.
Protip: While in list view, you can customize the column selection and order while viewing your filter’s results. Turvo will automatically save your selection and order to your filter.
View the applied filter
When a filter is applied, the criteria used to filter the Dashboard is displayed at the top of the Dashboard.
In the example above, the Dashboard is being filtered by Date range and Customer. Date range (Pickup: Jul 1, 2020 - Jul 31, 2020) means data is only displayed for shipments with a pickup date between July 1st and July 31st, and Customer (Exclude Regression Shipper) means all applicable data for all customers except Regression Shipper are shown. Data must fit both criteria to be visible.
Click clear on the right side to remove the filter. To edit the applied filter, click the filter icon to add to or remove the existing criteria. Keep in mind that a filter will remain until it is cleared or edited and reapplied. Even if you sign out and log back in, the last filter you applied to the dashboard will remain. Not seeing the information you expect? Check the applied filter and clear or edit the filter to adjust what is being displayed.
Filtering beyond the Dashboard
You can filter in the majority of the areas in Turvo including:
- Item Master
Each area does not have the same filter options. The available options are relevant to the specific area of Turvo you are currently operating in. The images below show the Carrier payments options and the Locations options to demonstrate how filter criteria differ.
Carrier payments: For example, in Carrier payments, there are different filter fields available, such as Payment Methods and Payment Terms.
Locations: Below are the filtering options available in Locations. There are options to filter by Cross Dock Facility and Cold Storage Facility. This is the only filtering location where you will see these options.
Saving and viewing filters work the same way regardless of the area you are in. For example, you can have one set of saved filters for the dashboard, and different saved filters for shipments.