Locations in Turvo can correspond to carrier, customer, or company locations that are used as pickup/delivery stops during shipments. In order to ship to a particular location, it should first be created by following the steps below. All locations are housed in a central place in Turvo and can be accessed for updates using the left navigation menu.
We also have a video on the topic: Creating a location.
Log in to your Turvo tenant and click on the + sign in the upper right corner of your screen. Then, click Location.
Within the Create location modal that pops up, fill in the location details. Descriptions of each field are below.
- Name: Enter the name of the location. If there is no formal "name" for it, type in whatever your organization uses to reference this particular location.
- Account (optional): This field does not show until you have entered a company first. This is the field into which you type the actual customer account that the location should be assigned to.
- Address: Enter the address that will be associated with this location for shipment pick-ups and/or deliveries. To enter a PO Box, click the three horizontal dots icon to the right of the address line to enter the address manually.
- Map: Click and drag the map to adjust the location of the the pin. This will automatically update the latitude and longitude coordinates display to the right.
- Longitude and Latitude: These fields will populate based on the address entered or as the map is repositioned. Note these will change as the map is repositioned.
- Groups: Dictates which groups can access/view the location from their Locations page.
- Note: This field populates with the group you're viewing while creating the location. If you create a location outside of your organization group, make sure to add your organization group to the list so it's visible across your tenant.
Once all required information is filled out, the CREATE button will change from grey to blue. Click CREATE and the location will be created. Existing locations will appear under Locations in the left navigation menu. Locations that have been added to a specific customer can also be viewed by navigating to Accounts > Customer > click the Locations tab in the middle right of the customer's profile.
Location duplication prevention
Important note: The following duplicate prevention feature is not enabled by default. Contact your Turvo representative to enable this feature.
When you create a new location, the Turvo platform will check various location details against existing locations in your tenant. If it detects similarities, it will display the below message before creating the new location. To continue creating the new location, click CREATE ANYWAY. To use the existing location, click USE EXISTING.
The strongest indicators of location duplication that Turvo considers when making these checks are proximity to existing location using latitude and longitude and location address. If you have multiple locations that are very close to one another, just click CREATE ANYWAY to proceed with creating those locations.