Your organization’s super admins, admins, and financial admins can utilize the Usage & billing page in the Admin console to view, via Usage reports, the shipment data for each billing period used by Turvo to generate your organization’s bill. These reports allow you to audit Turvo’s invoices by comparing the number of billable shipments and total gross revenue to ensure the invoiced amount matches your shipment data in Turvo.
Usage reports contain the Shipment ID, Status, Gross Revenue, and Creation Date for each eligible shipment that your customers have been filled for in the previous month’s billing period. A new usage report is run on the 2nd of every month, collecting the previous month’s shipment data. For example, your September usage report becomes available on October 2nd. This report can be downloaded directly from the Usage & billing page as a .csv spreadsheet file or sent as an email once a month to a designated contact address.
Note: The Usage & billing page is enabled by default, but only accessible to users with Super admin-, Admin-, or Financial admin-level privileges.
Accessing the Usage & billing page
Users with Super admin-, Admin-, or Financial admin-level privileges can access the Usage & billing page by following the steps below:
- Navigate to the Admin console by clicking on your profile icon in the top right corner of your dashboard and select Admin console from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Usage & billing card to open the page.
Utilizing the Usage & billing page
The page is split into three sections, Primary contact, Subscription, and Usage reports. See the sections below to learn more about each section.
New Usage reports are generated on the second day of each month. Upon generation of a new report, the spreadsheet containing the data can be emailed automatically to a designated email address. The Primary contact section controls the billing contact who receives this monthly usage report email, such as your organization’s financial administrator.
Note: Only one person can be added as the primary contact.
To update the billing contact:
- Click the pencil icon in the upper right corner to open the Billing contact modal.
- Enter the contact’s Name and Email in the provided fields.
- Click SAVE to update or CANCEL to leave the contact as is.
- Click the Send monthly usage report to toggle to activate the monthly usage report emails. The name and email address of the saved billing contact are displayed to the right of the toggle.
- When the toggle is blue, it is in the ON position. When the toggle is grey, it is in the OFF position.
The designated billing contact named in the Primary contact section will now receive a monthly usage report email after a new report is generated on the 2nd day of each month.
The Subscription section displays information on your organization’s Turvo subscription using the following fields:
- Status: The status that your unit of measurement must reach to be eligible for billing by Turvo.
- Cost unit: The unit of measurement which your Turvo usage is gauged by. The default cost unit for Turvo tenants is SHIPMENT.
The Usage reports section contains billing period information and download links for the last 12 months’ worth of usage reports.
Note: If you do not have 12 months’ worth of data in your Turvo tenant, you will see all the usage reports that are available. Once you have been a Turvo subscriber for 13 months or more, only the previous 12 months are available.
Click the Download button under the Usage report column to download the .csv spreadsheet file containing the usage report. These files can be opened with any spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
Each row in the usage report represents an eligible shipment in that month’s billing period that your customers have been billed for, with columns showing the shipment’s Shipment ID, Status, Gross Revenue, and Creation Date.