Turvo’s Trucker Tools telematics integration allows you to increase your load visibility, reduce the number of check-in calls, and increase operational efficiency.
If you are looking for information on Trucker Tools carrier capacity, Book It Now, and fright matching integration, see Turvo’s Trucker Tools integration: Carrier Capacity and Digital Freight Matching.
Important note: Turvo only ingests location pings from Trucker Tools. Turvo's shipment status updates originate from Turvo, NOT from Trucker Tools. The Turvo status updates represent how the location pings interact with geofence data. The quality and frequency of this data depends on the telematics service provider.
Before you enable the Trucker Tools integration in Turvo, you must have a Trucker Tools subscription account. Contact Trucker Tools if you have not created your account.
You will need to have your Account ID (API key) to connect the integration in Turvo.
Enable the Trucker Tools integration
- Log into your Turvo tenant and navigate to the Admin console via the Profile icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Integration hub.
- Scroll to the Telematics integrations section and click the Trucker Tools tile.
- Type your Account ID and click SAVE.
Note: You obtain the Account ID (API key) directly from Trucker Tools.
- You know the integration has connected to Trucker Tools when you see the green check under the My integrations tab.
Add the driver and tracking method
Once the integration is enabled and you see the green check mark on the My integrations tab in Integration hub, you can begin tracking your shipments.
To track shipments, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the shipment you want to track and click the Details tab.
- Expand the Driver section of the Carriers block and click + Add driver.
- Add the driver and then click the Tracking method drop-down and select TruckerTool app.
Protip: See our Adding a driver to a shipment video in the Help Center if you need help.
- Click SAVE AND SHARE to send an SMS invite to the driver.
Note: The driver must have the TruckerTools driver app installed on their phone.
Receive tracking updates from Trucker Tools driver app
To view location updates, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the shipment you want to track and click the blue tracking icon.
- Now, you can see the list of pings and that TruckerTools is the source.
Note: The shipment status updates based on the location.
Updates to the Tracking Method
When the tracking method is updated or removed, or the driver is removed, tracking updates
are canceled in TruckerTools.
Tracking updates are canceled based on the following updates or changes:
- the tracking method is set to None
- the tracking method is set to anything other than TruckerTools
- For example, the tracking method is set to the Turvo Driver App
- the driver is removed