This article summarizes the 2023-R3 Patch One features and fixed issues released to production on August 17, 2023.
See the 2023 Turvo Release Schedule article for a list of milestone dates and links to published release Notes, Lists, and Announcements for the current release and past releases.
The Patch Two Release Notes include the following sections:
- 2023-R3 Patch One features and enhancements
- 2023-R3 Patch One fixed issues
2023-R3 Patch One features and enhancements
- CR-13862 - Calculate transit time by mode and service:
Important note: This feature is a limited release feature and will not be available for all tenants when the 2023-R3 Patch One releases.
We are introducing the ability to calculate transit time by mode and service in Turvo. It provides users with greater accuracy and flexibility in managing transportation orders and enables efficient transit time calculation based on working calendars. Here are some key aspects of this new feature:
- Dynamic transit tables: We introduced dynamic tables that support various distance ranges and provide the number of days for each mode and service combination. This allows for precise transit time calculation.
- Working calendars: With the ability to configure a working calendar, the transit time calculation includes non-working days, ensuring that shipment or delivery dates avoid weekends, holidays, and non-working days. We also added the ability to select the working calendar as a drop-down option as defined in the specific group or tenant.
- Granular configuration: You can specify transit and holiday calendars at different levels: tenant, Operational Group level, and location levels (holiday calendars only) allowing for a highly customized and precise transit time calculation.
- Optimal transit time: Turvo determines the optimal table applicable to the transportation order, ensuring the accurate calculation of transit time. The tables establish rules for number of miles = days in transit. For example:
TL rule: Point A to Destination
- 0 to 500 miles = 1 day
- 501 to 1000 miles = 2 days
Shipments: Transportation, excellence, and planning (TEP)
CR-14405 - Order-to-Shipment association for multi-route segments and non-matching dates:
In the R2 release, we improved the Order-to-Shipment planning process to add a new order’s information and route details to consolidated orders and/or any associated shipments. With this update, we have added the ability to re-plan when stops on a new order that is being associated to a shipment, has different locations and/or schedules.
If the schedules are different, the system merges the stops into one with an option to either select a date or to unmerge the stops and select dates. If the stops are different, the system finds and suggests the optimal route and gives you the option to update the suggest route.
For more information on the Order-to-Shipment planning process, see our Order-to-shipment planning Help Center article.
- CR-15015 - Visibility Groups:
With this release, we have renamed user Groups to Visibility Groups. Visibility Groups in Turvo allow you to streamline the visibility of a particular user or group of users. This does not change the functionality of groups, only the name of Groups in the Turvo user interface.
Turvo's Public API
- Turvo's Public API updated to the OpenAPI 3.0.1 specification:
On August 16, we updated our Public API to the OpenAPI 3.0.1 specification. This update enables us to continue to improve and enhance our API functionality, capabilities, and documentation.
Turvo Data Importer (TDI)
- Contract entity updates:
To reduce issues when uploading the contract.csv TDI upload file, we are limiting the number of rows with the item_type field set to contract to 20 rows per upload sheet. Also, the bill_to_account and the pay_to_account fields should be left empty for rows configuring billable lane rates.
See the entries on these fields in our TDI field mapping tables - Contract to learn more about these conditions.
- Update August 18, 2023: This feature is no longer available in production and will be available in a future release.
CR-15661 - Unacceptable carriers in MyCarrier (MCP) Packets set to "Inactive" Turvo
2023-R3 Patch One fixed issues
The following table lists the issues resolved in the 2023-R3 Patch One release.
Zendesk ticket numbers
Issue resolution description
|26764||Resolved an issue with not being able to save a filter|
|26781||Researched and fixed an issue with driver tracking|
|26819||Resolved an issue with creating customers via API|
|26850||Resolved an issue resulting in the inability to edit carrier groups|
|26973||Fixed an issue with rates changing when scrolling|
|27066||Updated a carrier rate con to display specific information when an offer is accepted|
|27176||Fixed an issue with Lane History report not opening|
|27183||Resolved an issue with Parade lanes not matching with Turvo|
|27317||Fixed an issue with changing pickup and delivery appointment dates|
|27323||Resolved an issue with filter criteria details not displaying as expected|
|27375 and 27334||Resolved an issue with shipment filter data not populating correctly|
|27417||Fixed issues with users getting errors when logging in via SSO|
|27591||Resolved an issue with items not being removed from a copied order|
|27689||Fixed a Project44 integration issue with carriers removed from shipments|