The views within the Default shipment report workbook give you the ability to determine trends within your organization by providing visualizations of shipment metrics such as shipment revenue, volume, and performance.
In this article, we will cover:
- Accessing the Default shipment report workbook
- Workbook data sources
- Shipment per volume view
- Graphical comparison view
- Related Shipment 360 workbook articles
Important note: Your Analytics workbooks are dependent on properly configured filters. If you access a workbook/view in Analytics and do not see any data displayed, your filters likely need to be updated.
Accessing the Default shipment report workbook
Use the steps below to access the Shipment 360 project, where the Default shipment report workbook is found.
See the following articles to learn more about enabling Turvo Analytics and accessing the Analytics projects created by Turvo:
- Once Turvo Analytics is enabled for your tenant and you have logged in, access the Analytics projects by navigating to Explore > Analytics using the left navigation menu.
- Click Shipment 360 to open the project. The workbooks in the project are displayed.
- Click Default shipment report.
- The views within the workbook are displayed. Click a view’s title to open it.
Once you access a view, use the tabs at the top to switch to other views in the workbook.
Workbook data sources
The Default shipment report workbook uses the Shipment 360 Self-serve data source to pull shipment information from your Turvo tenant.
The workbook’s data sources are visible under the Data Sources tab of the workbook’s main page.
Shipment per volume view
The Shipment per volume view provides visualizations of the volume of shipments in relation to different metrics. Once a date range has been selected, data for all shipments with a creation date in that range is shown.
The view consists of a small table that provides your Total Shipment Count, the Net revenue for all of the shipments, and average cost metrics, including:
- Avg. Carrier Cost Amount: The average cost billed by the carrier(s) for all shipments in the selected date range.
- Avg. Customer Cost Amount: The average cost billed to the customer(s) for all shipments in the selected date range.
- Avg. Net Revenue: The average net revenue made by your organization for all shipments in the selected date range.
- Avg. Margin: The average percentage of your organization’s margin for all shipments in the selected date range.
The six graphs in the view display bar graphs that display shipment volume in relation to specific parameters:
- Shipments/Customer: The total number of shipments created for specific customers in the applied date range. Each bar on the graph represents a specific customer.
- Shipments/Carrier: The total number of shipments assigned to specific carriers in the applied date range. Each bar on the graph represents a specific carrier.
- Shipments/Status: The total number of shipments created within the applied date range that have a specific status. Each bar on the graph represents a different status in Turvo.
- Shipments/Services: The total number of shipments created within the applied date range that have a specific service added. Each bar on the graph represents a different service.
- Shipments/Equipment: The total number of shipments created within the applied date range that used a specific type of equipment. Each bar on the graph represents a different equipment type.
- Shipments/Equipment: The total number of shipments created within the applied date range that used a specific transportation mode. Each bar on the graph represents a different mode.
Filtering the Shipment per volume view
The Shipment create date filter is the only default filter in the workbook.
To update the date range, click the Shipment create date filter at the top of the view and use the pop-up menu to select a date range to filter for. Ranges can be configured by Years, Quarters, Months, Weeks, Days, Hours, or Minutes. Make a selection and click away from the menu to apply the filter.
- Note: This field is required and defaults to the Last 3 months option.
- Protip: See the Tableau Help Center article on how to Filter Your Data to learn more about using the date range filter.
Viewing specific details
You can view details for an entity by clicking on a mark (bar) in one of the graphs. The name of the entity the bar corresponds to, such as a customer account or equipment type, and the total number of unique shipment IDs related to that entity are shown.
Using the Keep only and Exclude options updates that graph only to show data for only that entity or to remove that entity.
Graphical comparison view
The Graphical comparison view provides visualizations that allow you to see how trends in shipment volume have affected your revenue over the last calendar year.
The view consists of the following three line graphs:
- The Shipment volume vs Net Revenue graph displays the total number of shipments over the last calendar year compared to your total revenue over the last calendar year.
- The shipment volume is represented by the purple line.
- The net revenue is represented by the orange line.
- The Shipment volume vs Average Margin per shipment graph displays the total number of shipments over the last calendar year compared to the average margin your organization made on all shipments over the same period.
- The shipment volume is represented by the blue line.
- The margin is represented by the purple line.
- The Carrier cost vs Customer Cost graph displays the total cost paid to the carriers for the shipments vs the total cost billed to the customers for the shipments over the last calendar year.
- The total carrier cost is represented by the blue line.
- The total customer cost is represented by the orange line.
Note: There are no filters for this view, and it is unaffected by the date range filter in the Shipment per volume view.
To see the exact value of each metric, hover your cursor over a line.
Related Shipment 360 workbook articles (Coming soon)
Check back with Turvo's Help Center soon to learn more about the other workbooks in the Shipment 360 project.