You can manage all of your global rates in Turvo to easily apply a standard or benchmark rate to any new shipment created within your tenant to easily rate the shipment without having to manually input figures or rely on a contract already having been created for a customer. Once a global rate is created, you can also add lane rates, services, and fuel surcharges.
Login to your Turvo tenant, click on the + icon in the upper left corner and select Global rate from the drop-down menu.
In the Create global rate modal, begin adding in the appropriate information into each field.
Note: Name, Start date, and End date are required in order to create a contract.
- Name: Type in a title for the global rate.
- Start date: Where you’ll enter the start date for the global rate. Click Start date, then select a date from the calendar or you can click the field a second time to type in the date.
- End date: Enter the end date for the global rate. Click End date and select the contract’s end date from the calendar or you can click the field a second time to type in the date.
- Status: The field will default to Active, but you’ll select a status from the dropdown. A global rate is either Active or Inactive.
- Default currency: The currency for the global rate. This field automatically populates with the default currency for your tenant.
Once all required information is filled out, the CREATE button will change from grey to blue. Click CREATE to finish creating the global rate. To see all of your global rates, click Rates > Global rates from the left navigation.