Turvo Analytics provides curated and customizable reports to give you a 360° view of your business with data-driven performance measurement, guided improvements, and corrective actions where necessary. Team-based dashboards surround business success and growth metrics, operational excellence, finance, and back-office needs, so you can seamlessly review documents for accuracy, identify potential issues, and continuously build on the existing Quarterly Business Review (QBR) or scorecard.
Note: This feature is only available for Turvo Analytics customers. See our article, Enabling Turvo Analytics for your tenant, if you’re interested in enabling Turvo Analytics for your tenant.
This article covers:
- How to access Turvo Analytics
- Shipment 360 suite
- Shipment Exception 360
- Shipment Cost 360
- Inventory 360
- Adding filters and saving views
- Exporting and downloading data
How to access Turvo Analytics
Log in to Turvo and click the Turvo Analytics icon located in the utility navigation menu at the top right corner of your screen. You will be automatically signed in to Turvo Analytics and can begin accessing your data. The analytics homepage surfaces your favorited, most recent, and trending workbooks for your company.
Shipment 360 suite
Turvo Analytics includes curated workbooks, or reports, to quickly access data-driven insights into the performance of both your business and your supply chain partners.
To access the curated workbooks, click Explore on the right navigation bar, then the Analytics > Shipment 360 folders. Each workbook contains individual sheets, or views, with visualizations and detailed data that can be sorted and filtered.
Financial metrics summary
Use the views in the Financial metrics summary workbook to measure the financial health of your business.
- Financial metrics summary: Includes financial metrics, including shipment volume, margins, total costs, and revenue, which can be filtered by customer, carrier, and lane.
- Compare selected dimensions: Compare shipment volume, margins, net revenue and customer pay data across carriers, customers and lanes to identify trends over time.
- Growth year over year metrics: Adjust date ranges to see a year over year performance view for a selected account and prepare for seasonality trends.
- Revenue comparison: View overall revenue across all customers to see where your business is profitable and identify root causes of lost revenue.
- Shipment details: Includes the same metrics as the Financial metrics summary, but is broken down by individual shipment. Each shipment number is linked to the shipment in your Turvo tenant.
Customer business review
Demonstrate the success of your business and performance with customers using the views in the Customer business review workbook.
- Customer details summary: See an overview of your business performance across your customers, including shipment volume, total costs, on-time percentages and cycle times.
- Customer business review: Provides an easy-to-read visualization of your business performance with a selected customer using the data from the Customer details summary.
- Customer lane map: Help customers to understand their own network with a detailed view of their frequently used lanes in shipment execution.
Use the Carrier scorecard workbook to measure the performance of and consolidate your carrier partners.
- Carrier scorecard: View in-depth data about your carriers and their completed shipments, including shipment volume, margins, carrier pay per mile, on-time percentages, Turvo Driver app usage, days to collect POD, and telematics usage.
- Carrier performance by lane and breakdown: Provides the same metrics as the Carrier scorecard, but is organized by lane and carrier. Consolidate your carriers or create a routing guide by selecting a lane to see carriers have supported that lane in the past.
- Carrier details: Select a carrier to see a detailed view of their performance over time, including shipment volume, margins, automated tracking, Turvo Driver app usage, and days to collect POD.
- Shipment details: Includes the same metrics as the Carrier scorecard but is broken down by individual shipment. Each shipment number is linked to the shipment in your Turvo tenant.
Dwell time report
The Dwell time report workbook measures performance impacted by dwell time and allows you to identify sources of detention costs for your customers.
- Dwell time explorer: Provides data on shipment volume, detention costs, and median dwell time with detailed breakdowns by customer, location, carrier and arrival vs. dwell time.
- Dwell time map: Interactive map view showing where dwell times are the highest. Can be filtered by customer, carrier and stop locations.
- Dwell time details: Provides a shipment-by-shipment breakdown of the trends that users can see in the map and explorer views.
Driver app usage summary
Use the views within the Driver app usage summary workbook to measure the visibility and Turvo Driver app compliance of your drivers.
- Driver app usage: Displays information on Driver app usage across all carriers in your network.
- Individual driver usage: Shows which drivers are using the Turvo Driver app to execute their shipments and which carriers are inviting drivers to use the Driver app for their shipments.
- Shipment details--Driver app: Shows metrics related to Driver app usage during shipment execution. Each shipment number is linked to the shipment in your Turvo tenant.
- Driver activity by account owner: Find which account owners are inviting drivers to use the Turvo Driver app when they execute shipments.
Protip: See our article, Amplify Driver app usage with Turvo Analytics, to learn more about utilizing this workbook to monitor Driver app usage on your tenant.
Lane performance summary
The Lane performance summary shows the historical performance for a particular lane and helps you to make smarter decisions when assigning a carrier and accepting offers.
The Lane performance summary is accessible through the See historical rates link in the Turvo platform. This link appears where shipment pricing is established, including quotes, carrier offers, asset availability, network postings, the shipment summary top carriers card, and the margin section of a shipment.
Once you have entered the two endpoints for the shipment, click the See historical rates link. This automatically logs you in to Turvo Analytics and displays the lane metrics between the two endpoints, including the carrier cost histogram, average carrier cost by month, cost summary metrics, and top carriers for that lane.
You can also use the Lane shipment route map tab to view the points for the origins and destinations each shipment that fall within the radius of the origin and destination point of the lane.
There is also the Lane radius map tab which shows a semi-transparent circle around the radius of the origin and destination points being used to calculate the lane metrics.
Year to date metrics summary
The views within the Year to date metrics summary workbook give you the ability to determine trends within your organization by comparing the year-to-date performance for previous years using specific data points, such as shipment volume, total net revenue, customer pay, carrier pay, and accessorial costs.
- Breakdown: Shows the breakdown of Shipment volume, Total net revenue, Total customer pay, Total carrier pay, Customer accessorial costs, Carrier accessorial costs, Customer freight cost, and Carrier freight cost by customer account for the current year and selected previous years.
- Shipment volume: Displays shipment volume trends by year in a bar graph.
- Total margin revenue: Displays the total margin revenue trends by year in a bar graph.
- Total customer pay: Shows the total customer pay by year in a bar graph.
- Total carrier pay: Shows the total carrier pay by year in a bar graph.
Adoption metrics summary
The Adoption metrics summary workbook provides detailed information on how Turvo’s sharing features, such as offers, automated tracking, and shipment sharing are being adopted by your customer and carrier partners.
Note: This workbook is currently in limited release and not available to all Turvo tenants.
Protip: See our article, Amplify Driver app usage with Turvo Analytics, to learn more about the reports in the Adoption metrics summary workbook.
Shipment Exception 360
Turvo Analytics also includes the Shipment Exception 360 report, which helps you identify the root cause of the exception, and solve the problem at the source. To access this workbook, click Explore on the right navigation bar, then the Analytics > Shipment Exception 360 folders. In the Shipment Exception 360 report, you can look across your exceptions and drill down by responsible party, location, and the details of the shipment itself.
Shipment Cost 360
The reports available in Shipment Cost 360 highlight the different cost items that have been used in shipments, so you can determine which costs have the highest impact. To access this workbook, click Explore on the right navigation bar, then the Analytics > Shipment Cost 360 folder.
Shipment Cost 360 includes the Shipment cost summary where you can see which of your costs are the highest for different customers and carriers, so you can reduce the amount of unnecessary charges your customers receive.
Cost by week
Cost by week is a bar graph that displays your tenant’s costs by category, by week. Each bar is color coordinated to show the cost line item categories, and hovering over each section displays a drill down pop-out chart with additional information about the cost line item category.
Clicking on a section of the bar graph will filter the other reports to show the information applicable to that category.
Note: The cost line item category key is available to the right of the reports at the top of the filter options.
Cost breakdown and Cost type breakdown
Cost breakdown gives you the Cost line total amount and Shipment volume for each of the cost line item categories: Freight, Accessorial, Fuel, and Other. Cost breakdown allows you to drill into specific cost, account, or week, to help determine the root cause of any anomalies. Cost type breakdown displays the different cost types that make up the bar or line item selected in Cost by week or Cost breakdown.
Shipment cost details
The Shipment cost details tab shows additional information on shipment costs such as Shipment number, Shipment origin and destination city/state, Equipment used, Account name, Cost time item name, Cost line item quantity, Cost line item price, and Cost line total amount.
The reports featured in Inventory 360 allow you to view inventory across locations, as well as which customers the inventory at each location supports. Navigate to Explore > Analytics > Inventory 360 to access these reports.
Warehouse inventory summary tab
The Warehouse inventory summary tab provides you with two data sets that allow you to explore inventory at your warehouse locations and which customers that inventory corresponds to, as well as a filter for the results shown.
The Customer inventory summary and graph displays the customers your warehouses serve and the total amount of inventory for each customer at each warehouse location.
The Warehouse inventory table and graph displays the different items in your inventory, and the number of units of the item that is present at each location.
Clicking items in each table will apply filters to both data sets. The data you see will depend on what is selected.
- Clicking a Customer name will show the total inventory assigned to that customer across all locations, as well as a breakdown of the type and quantity of inventory items that customer has at each warehouse.
- Clicking a Location will show how much inventory you have for each customer at that location, as well as a breakdown of the type and quantity of inventory items at that location.
- Clicking an Item name will display which customers have that inventory, how much, and at which warehouses.
Hovering over the selection will display a pop-up. Click the See inventory details to generate a filter for the Inventory details tab based on that item.
Inventory Details tab
The Inventory Details tab allows you to view details on your entire inventory, with information on locations, total item quantities and names, customers, quantities, expiration dates, and availability.
How inventory is calculated
The total units of inventory are determined by either the number of base units or the number of pallets. The filter on the right will default to Pallets. Use the Quantity Type in the filter to the right to change from the default Pallets filter to the Base Units filter.
Turvo Analytics can use the Item master to calculate the total number of base units that are contained on a pallet, based on the Ti (number of units that can fit in a single layer on the pallet) and Hi (number of layers of units that can be stacked vertically on a pallet) values.
For example, if a pallet can hold nine base units in one layer (Ti=9), and up to four layers (Hi = 4), then the total number of units on the pallet is calculated as 9 ✕ 4 = 36 base units per pallet.
The number of pallets in inventory will then be multiplied by the number of base units a pallet can hold to determine the total number of base units in your inventory. To ensure this feature functions properly, use the Item master entry function in Turvo to add items.
Adding filters and saving views
Each report in Turvo Analytics can be filtered using the drop-downs that appear above the data. Occasionally, these drop-downs appear on the left or right side depending on the format of the report. Once you make a selection from the dropdown, click Apply to apply the filter to the data.
Once you apply the desired filters to a report, you can save the filters to be automatically applied in the future by clicking the View icon on the top toolbar.
This will open the Custom views modal. Enter a name for your view and select whether you would like this to be your default view and if it should be visible to other Turvo Analytics users in your organization. When you are finished, click Save.
Note: You can always revert to the original view of the data by clicking the View icon again and selecting the Original (default) view.
Exporting and downloading data
Reports in Turvo Analytics can be downloaded in a variety of file types, including images, PDFs, CSVs, PowerPoint presentations, and Tableau workbooks. To download your report, click the Download icon on the top toolbar to open the modal, then select the file format.
Note: Any applied filters on the report will also apply to the downloaded file.