Updated March 25, 2023
This article summarizes the 2023-R1 Patch Two features and fixed issues released to production on March 20, 2023.
See the 2023 Turvo Release Schedule article for a list of milestone dates and links to published release Notes, Lists, and Announcements for the current release and past releases.
The Patch Two Release Notes include the following sections:
- 2023-R1 Patch Two feature announcement (released in 2023-R1 Patch One)
- 2023-R1 Patch Two fixed issues
- Updated integration articles in the Help Center
- Turvo feature spotlight
2023-R1 Patch Two features and enhancements
Transportation, Excellence, and Planning (TEP)
Added March 25, 2023
- CR-13772: Expected dwell time toggle relocated
To improve the visibility of dwell times that are associated with Location, we moved the Expected dwell time toggle from Scheduling parameters to the Location > Sharing > Hours of operation section. Any tenant with Locations enabled will be able to view dwell time in the Hours of operation section.
Note: Scheduling is not enabled for every location by default. Therefore, Expected dwell time is not visible for every Turvo Location.
See the article for more information.
- CR-13696: Quickbooks Online (QBO) integration connection health enhancements (released in 2023-R1 Patch One)
With the QBO integration in Integration hub > My integrations, a green checkmark that indicates a successful integration connection. If the QBO integration stops working as expected, we now show an error message and a description about what is not working properly to help with steps to resolve connection issues.
For more information on the QBO integration, see Turvo's QuickBooks Online (QBO) integration: Overview.
2023-R1 Patch Two fixed issues
The following table lists the issues resolved in the 2023-R1 Patch Two release.
Zendesk ticket numbers
Issue resolution description
|22657||Resolved an issue with exceptions not being able to be removed from loads|
|23006||Fixed an issue with the shipment summary not showing the proper rate|
|23137||Fixed a issue with changes not saving on an edited customer profile|
|23309||Fixed an issue with customer and carrier costs|
|23737||Fixed an issue with incorrect uploaded paperwork|
|23815||Resolved an issue with a tenant login|
Recently updated integration articles
The following integration articles were added or updated recently in the Help Center.
- MacroPoint integration for Brokers: This integration is for Turvo customers who are tracking shipments in MacroPoint (MP) through the MP driver app or MP ELD device and would like to share those tracking updates back to Turvo.
This is a broker integration for tracking shipments in the MacroPoint driver app and sharing that information back to Turvo.
- MacroPoint integration for Carriers: Turvo’s MacroPoint carrier integration pushes Turvo shipment and tracking information as a one-way integration from Turvo into MacroPoint and includes location updates and stop events.
- Motive (formerly KeepTruckin) Carrier-centric integration: With Turvo’s Visibility of Vehicles (carrier-centric) Motive integration, you can monitor and track your Motive vehicles in real-time without the need to post to load boards.
Turvo feature spotlight
The following Turvo features can help your business be more efficient and promote growth. Click the following article links to learn more about each feature.
- Automate workflows with Autopilot
Admin or Super Admin users can set up Autopilot rules to automate workflows, like exception creation.
- Managing exceptions with Workbench
Workbench is a dedicated Turvo feature designed specifically to help efficiently resolve exceptions.
- Delivery Links
Turvo Delivery Links enable you to share shipment information with a location assigned as a delivery stop on a scheduled shipment.