To help streamline your organization’s Turvo experience, users with Admin level permissions and above can configure tenant level rules via the Admin console. This article describes permitted file size configurations for email attachments and how documents are sent to your shipping partners when you send them via email.
Protip: Information on configuring the other business rules available in the Admin console can be found in the following articles:
- Locking shipments from changes
- Locking orders from changes
- Configuring business rules for users
- Configuring business rules for carrier accounts
- Configuring business rules for customer accounts
- Configuring business rules for payments
- Configuring business rules for shipments
Important note: We recommend updating rules during low-use hours, or when minimal users are using the system. You can update rules at any time, but low-traffic hours help ensure a low risk of rule implementation conflicts.
Locating the Email rules
- Click your profile icon in the top right corner of your dashboard and select Admin console from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Rules card.
- On the Rules page, click the Email header in the column to the left, if not already selected.
- To begin configuring your tenant’s email rules, click the Configurations header to expand the section, and then click the Send email files header to expand the segment.
- In the Send email files segment, there is a toggle and two radio buttons.
- The Send files in email toggle will always be locked to the ON position. This toggle cannot be turned on or off.
- Select either the Links - support file size up to 100MB or Attachments - support file size up to 20MB radio button to select the file size permitted and how attachments will be handled when sending documents via email. See the sections below to learn more about each setting.
- Note: When uploading multiple files at once as a single document, each file is treated as part of one document entity on the shipment/order. However, each document can be viewed and downloaded individually from the document preview that appears when clicking on the document in the Documents tab.
- Click SAVE to save your changes.
Important note: It can take up to ten minutes for a rule to take effect in Turvo. Once a rule is enabled for your tenant, the rule will be locked from future changes up to ten minutes. You can view whether a rule is locked by the notification to the right of the rule line.
To unlock the rule, click the circular arrows to the right after the displayed time has passed.
Sending documents via email with the Links option
When sending documents via email, if the combined files attached to an email sent from a shipment or order are less than 100 megabytes (MB), all files will be sent as downloadable links to the party receiving the email. While they will not appear as you compose the email in the Email document modal, the file names for each attached file will appear at the bottom of the email’s body as hyperlinks. A privacy note is also added to the sent email.
Note: You will not be able to send the email if the combined files are more than 100MB.
Protip: Once you click the Send button in the Email document modal, it may take the system up to one hour to process the request and send the email. If you attempt to resend the request during this time, the system will not fulfill the new request and a message will appear that reads, “Your previous request is currently in progress. To manage system performance, we allow only one request at a time. Please check again in a few minutes.”
Sending documents via email with the Attachments option
If you select the Attachments - support file size up to 20MB setting, and if the combined files attached to an email sent from a shipment or order are less than 20 MB, all files will be attached to the email itself. While it will not appear as you compose the email in the Email document modal, a privacy note will be added to the email along with the attached files.
Note: You will not be able to send the email if the combined files are more than 20MB.
When uploading a document to a shipment or order using the Add document modal, you can upload multiple files totaling up to 20MB to the document at once.
How to send documents via email
To learn more about sending shipment and order documents to your shipping partners via email, see the following articles: