Service plans are entities in Turvo that collect and manage a specific set of services that can be applied to multiple contracts or global rates. If you have a commonly-used set of services, you can save the time of applying the services individually to each contract or global rate by creating a service plan.
This article describes the process for creating a service plan and applying it to a contract or global rate.
If you are interested in applying services to individual contracts or global rates, see the How to add services to contracts or global rates article in the Help Center.
Creating a service plan
Navigate to service plans by hovering over Rates and clicking on Service plans from the left menu.
Service plans display organized by name. Use the Customer or Carrier toggles at the top to display a specific type of plan, or the All toggle to view all plans.
Click the +Add service plan button.
The Create service plan modal appears.
Fill in the fields in the modal:
- Service plan name
- Type: Choose from Customer or Carrier. Choosing Customer creates a billable rate, and choosing Carrier creates a payable rate.
- Start and End date: Enter the beginning and end dates for the service rate.
- Status: Select either Active or Inactive.
When you have entered all of the information, click CREATE. The new service plan appears on the service plans page.
Click on the service plan and then click on the Services tab. This is where you can add all of the services that are associated with this service plan. Click on the +Add Services button.
The Create service modal opens.
Note: The modal in this image is labelled Billable because the service plan was created for a customer. If it had been for a carrier, this modal would display as Payable.
- Origin: Begin typing in the Origin field and select a location from the drop-down suggestions.
- Destination: Begin typing in the Destination field and select a location from the drop-down suggestions. If the service isn’t associated with a specific lane, you may choose the United States for both the Origin and Destination.
- Mode: Select from TL, Ocean, or Drayage.
- Service (required): The Service field is a drop-down of available services. Select the applicable service.
- Stop type: Select Pickup or Delivery from the Stop type drop-down, if applicable.
- Location: Enter a Location, if applicable. The service will only apply if that specific location is a stop on a shipment.
- Start date and End date: The Start date and End date are pre-populated based on the contract or global rate, but you can click on either date to change if needed.
- Status: The Status is Active by default, but can be changed to Inactive.
- Rate type (required): To determine the rate for the service, select the rate type from the Rate type drop-down. Choose from:
- Flat: A standard rate regardless of distance, weight or time. For example, a service may be a flat fee of $50.
- Per Mile: The rate is calculated by multiplying the Rate by the number of miles traveled.
- Per hundredweight: Takes total weight, divides by 100, then multiplies by the entered Rate.
- Per stop: Multiplies the set Rate by the number of stops in the shipment.
- Per unit: Multiplies the rate by the number of units.
- Per handling unit: Multiplies the rate by the handling unit.
- Rate (required): Once the Rate type is determined, type in the Rate for the service.
Setting up rate tables (optional)
You have the option to set up and use a rate table for each lane rate. This means you can set multiple rates that are triggered when range value meets the criteria you set.
Note: Rate tables are available for every rate type except for Flat.
From the Create lane rate modal, select the Rate type. For this example, Per Mile is selected. The Enable rate table toggle appears.
Switch the toggle to the blue ON position. Then select whether you want to Rate cumulatively for each applicable range or Rate from highest applicable range.
Then you can start to enter the rows of values. Fill in the Start (>), End (<=), and Rate fields. In this example, the first row states that if the range is between 0-50 miles, the rate is $100. If the range is above 50 miles up to and including 100 miles, the rate is $200. If the range is above 100 miles up to and including 200 miles, the rate is $300.
Use the + Add row button to add as many table rows as you need.
Note: The range values vary depending on which rate type is selected.
Click CREATE when you are finished to save your settings.
Repeat this process for as many services as you need to add to the service plan.
Navigate to the contract you want to apply the service rate to.
Note: These instructions are identical for applying a service plan to a global rate.
Click on the Details tab.
Click on Service plan to expand the section.
Start typing the name of the service plan and the field suggests the plan from a menu.
Make sure to click SAVE to add the service plan to the contract.
If you want to add another service plan to the contract, click +Add service plan.