Any company your organization does business with in Turvo should be created as a customer within your Turvo tenant. Customers can be added to invoices, contracts, and shipments. It's best practice to create customers in Turvo before creating any invoices, contracts, or shipments that will be associated with them. Follow the steps below to create a new customer. We also have a video on this topic! Check out the Creating a customer video.
Creating a customer account
To create a customer account:
- Log in and click on the + sign in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select Customer from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the details on the Create customer modal that pops up. Descriptions of each field are listed below.
- Account name: Enter the name of the customer, typically the company or organization's name.
- Parent account (optional): Used when your customer is part of a larger organization. Entering a company here will not link related accounts together like a parent account.
- Address: Enter your customer's address. Turvo uses Google Maps to help autofill with the correct address.
Protip: If you need to enter a PO box, click the three horizontal dots to the right of the address line to enter the address manually.
- Account owner: Select the account owner from a list of all internal users. This field can be changed later only by Admins and Super admins.
- Groups: Select the groups you'd like this customer to be a part of. If you are not sure what a group is, please review the Create and manage user groups article for a description.
Protip: Customer creation will go faster if you create any Groups you'd like to add the customer to beforehand.
- Once all required information is filled out, the CREATE button will change from grey to blue. Click CREATE and the Customer will be created.
- The account needs to be set to Active in order to assign it to a load. Click the FAB.
- Click Account Status.
- From the Status drop-down, click Active.
- Click SAVE to save your changes.
After account creation
Existing customers will appear under Accounts > Customers (reachable via the left navigation menu), and you will now be able to search and add this customer by name when creating shipments, invoices, and contracts.
For more information on viewing and editing customer details once created, see our View and edit customer details article.
See the articles below for more information on some of the ways you can utilize customer accounts in Turvo:
- Self-service Networking
- Configure business rules for customer accounts
- Sharing shipments and orders with partners
- Adding, creating, sharing, and sending a customer shipment invoice
- Create and manage account-related tasks