Admins and Super Admins may want to send out announcements in Turvo for various reasons, such as release notes, system maintenance information, or general reminders. Turvo provides this in-app messaging functionality by default for all tenants.
Announcements can be customized and delivered to your entire tenant, certain groups within your tenant, or connected tenants.
This article covers how to create an announcement, how to view and manage all announcements you have created, and how your recipients view the announcements.
Create an announcement
Access the Admin console by clicking the profile icon at the top-right corner of the page and selecting Admin console from the drop-down menu.
Click on the Announcements tile.
Click on the blue + Create announcement button.
The Create announcement modal displays.
From here, you can fill in the following fields described below.
Announcement general information
- Announcement name: The name of the announcement that appears in the announcement list view.
- Announcement type: Select from General Announcement or Release Announcement.
This is the body of the announcement. Use the formatting, alignment, list, and link controls to customize your announcement. You are not restricted to a short character limit. The announcement modal for the recipient is scrollable.
- Publish date: The date you want to send the announcement.
- Publish time: The time you want to send the announcement.
This is where you select who receives your message.
- To send the message to everyone in your tenant, click the My company toggle to the blue ON position.
- Alternatively, you can use the By group field to send the announcement to certain groups within your tenant.
- Use the Accounts field to send the announcement to any connected tenants.
Protip: You can combine the My company toggle with the Accounts field to send the announcement to your entire tenant and to connected tenants. You can also combine the By group field with the Accounts field to send the announcement to selected groups in your tenant and to connected tenants.
Click the blue CREATE button to save the announcement.
You can view and manage your announcements from the list view.
The list view displays the following fields:
- Announcement name
- Announcement type
- Publish date and time (you can sort by this column)
- Status: either Enabled or Disabled
Hovering over an announcement reveals the More actions button. Clicking this opens up a menu of further actions you can use to manage the announcement:
- Disable (Enable appears if the announcement is disabled)
What your recipients see
How your recipients see the message depends on whether or not they are logged in at the time the message is sent.
Receiving messages while logged in.
If your message recipients are logged into Turvo when the message is sent, they will not be interrupted with a popup modal. The announcement appears as a notification in the Utility menu in the upper-right corner.
Opening up notifications displays the announcements.
Clicking the announcement opens up the announcement modal.
Receiving messages while logged out
If your recipients are not logged into Turvo when the announcement is sent, they will see a popup modal upon their next login.
If multiple announcements have been sent since the recipient’s last login, the announcement modal contains a NEXT button and navigation dots to indicate how many announcements there are.
After the recipients close the announcement modal, the announcements are still viewable in Notifications.
Receiving connected tenant announcements
You can control which of your connected tenants have the ability to send your tenant announcements. This setting is found in Admin console > Settings > General. The Show announcements from: toggle has two options
- Select All accounts to receive announcements from all of your connected tenants.
- Select Account is to add tenants. This opens a field that allows multiple entries.